Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great willperrett 2014-02-18 11:41

Hello Karen
This photograph is worth a lot more attention than the measly 8 points so far awarded. I'm glad you're sticking to the slight under-exposure that we've referred to before: in this case it adds plenty of moody atmosphere, especially in that sky. The composition is fine, with the path disappearing round the bend, and in the strong thirds position; the colours are muted and haven't been overly saturated, which tendency seems to have reached epidemic proportions on this site! An excellent landscape.
Regards
Will

Old 02-27-2014, 03:49 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To willperrett: saturation

Hello Will, thank you for noticing my photo and critiquing it. I have to agree with you on the over saturation of digital images. I read an interesting article(on NPN) a little while back on how our eyes get used to seeing bold saturated colors so we then choose to want more of it thinking that more is better. At what point is bold saturation enough. That being said, this is the reason I chose Nikon over Canon. In my humble opinion, Nikon renders more true to real colors. As I love nature and hiking, my photos hopefully will reflect the wilderness and outdoors that I treasure the most. The post processing programs are great and I strive to strike a balance between what I tried to capture in the moment outdoors and what makes a photo more pleasing to the eye.
I appreciated your honest comments on my photos so that I may continue to grow and learn.
thanks ever so much,
Karen