Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great delpeoples 2014-02-10 3:00

Ciao caro Giovanni

Oooh you're so spoiled with all these treasures dotted about Scotland. What a great place to conduct a mini meeting too. And your brilliant note conjures up romantic images of the Knights Templar and the Da Vinci Code. I really like the bright colours, the excellent definition and of course your subject matter. You handled the shaded areas well and the glimmer of Autumnal colours and warm light is a lovely touch. Nice work.

Un abbraccio, thanks for sharing
Lisa

PS: I responded to your email, did you get it?

Old 02-10-2014, 10:25 AM
TE Expert

Default To delpeoples: A Real Gem........

Ciao cara Lisa,

Thank you for your kind comments on this one. Temple really is a little gem of a place and so photogrenic, although the light wasn't that favourable when we visited it that day. Composition is a bit tricky too as the church lies in quite a deep hollow. Mariusz (mkamionka), I think, came up with the best photo of all from there - I added links to others' photographs in my note and you might have seen them. Must go back and visit the place again.

Incidentally, you mention Dan Brown's "Da Vinci Code" and Roslin Chapel (which features in the book) lies only about six miles from here. I remember going there about fifteen years ago and four of us got in for a pound and the place was almost deserted. Since Dan Brown's book was published, it's now about 8 each to get in and photography inside is forbidden - they make the feeble excuse that someone once fell down some steps as they were trying to compose a photograph but I suspect that they just want to sell you their own photographs in their grossly overpriced gift shop.

Yes, Lisa, I did get your email reply. I'm pleased that you are well and only hope that your Mum continues to make a smooth recovery from all her ordeals.

Kindest Regards e un abbraccio,

Giovanni.