Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great worldcitizen 2014-02-09 16:28

Hello Bulent,
I like all of the very large things we can see in this photo: the large mountain, the large, fluffy clouds, and, of course, the large ship! It must be a nice feeling to cruise into paradise. :-) I guess you've mostly had good experiences on cruise ships, and not anything like the poor passengers that recently became ill. I hope all is well, and I also send my regards to Carol Jean.

Old 02-09-2014, 11:44 PM
TE Expert

Exclamation To worldcitizen: cruise ships

The cruise ships that have had problems are the very large ones with capacities of 3,000-5,000 passengers. I cannot imagine being on one of them. We've been extremely fortunate traveling with the Crystal Cruises, Seabourn... The former has two ships of 900-1000 passenger capacity, the latter has several ships with 450. They are rated much higher, but are also much more expensive. First to introduce cruising for the sake of cruising was the Royal Viking Line, back in the 1970s. It was the finest of its time, and indeed for the until the late 1980s when it was purchased by Cunard, and Cunard in turn by Carnival. Then it started going downhill. The ship that became the victim of the Captain's folly was the Costa Concordia, belonging to the Italian Costa line. That was 2-3 years ago.