Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great Royaldevon 2014-02-03 16:26

Helo John,

This is a wild and wonderful place!
The gap in the harbour wall is an irresistible invitation to enter (or leave), to experience the surging sea over the jagged rocks, on the way to the castle, strongly positioned on the cliff top.
There is a wonderful clarity to the shot which is even better in the large version. In fact, the large version is stunning.

How do you do this large, Beta copy, if you don't mind me asking?

My warm regards,
Bev :-)

Old 02-03-2014, 11:50 PM
TE Expert

Default To Royaldevon: "Beta" TE......

Hi Bev,

Thank you yet again for your kind remarks!

I'd been sitting on this one for two years though I did earlier post a very similar one to this, taken at the same time. This time I "played around" with some of the ideas I had learned about Photoshop from the workshops I'd been attending at our local camera club. I could send you a brief resumé of some of the techniques if you wished but I suspect that you are already very conversant with Photoshop already. See what you think.

Anyway, you (like me) have been around TE for some time now and you must remember that the format of TE was different in the "old days" - it was the very same as TL and TN still are - it was a bit "clunky" but at least it wasn't plagued with all these damn pop-up adverts everywhere. Well, when they moved to the "new" version of TE, the old version was still kept going but was called the "beta" version thereafter. Some people, like Malgo (emka) and Gunnar (saxo042) still use the old (beta) site exclusively.

You can go to the beta site at: http://beta.trekearth.com/ and, if you're already signed-in to your account in a separate tab or window, you'll be automatically logged-in there. If you post a picture more than 800 pixels wide, the "new" version automatically shrinks it to 790 pixels but the "beta" version maintains the full size - look at this picture of yours which is 900 pixels wide - or this one of Ann's which is 1400 pixels wide!

If you have any problems, let me know!

Kind Regards to a fellow midnight oil burner,

John.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:40 AM
TE Expert

Talking Bigger Versions

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply.
I have tested it out this morning by posting a new photograph and ... yes, it worked.

I'm always happy to learn more about PSE if you have any tips.

Have a great day, Bev
Old 02-04-2014, 11:16 AM
TE Expert

Default Glad you got it to work!

Hi Bev,

Glad that you got it to work! Your picture from Lincoln looks so much better (as well as bigger) on the "beta" site, doesn't it?

I'll try to send on some stuff to you later via email about a couple of things I've learned from the club about Photoshop!

Kind Regards,

John.