Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great jcpix 2014-01-31 17:58

Hi Craig,

Well that's definitely a first, I've never heard a photographer mention that MORE scaffolding is needed!? :) Something that I'm sure annoys all of us from behind the lens, especially when you've traveled so far, only to have your plans foiled by construction.

I've loved all of your pictures so far, I could forever enjoy the close up detailing and textures you've presented. That being said, this certainly opens up the mind to a different idea about the city.

You have kind of a Washington D.C. type of perspective going on here, that long road leading towards the capitol dome off in the distance. Surprising to see so little activity too, where is everyone..was there a football match going on when you took this??

Love the soft sunlight, gently highlighting portions of the buildings. So what's the over/under on how long that scaffolding and construction plans will be in flux? A different take on Havana, I like it! Enjoy the weekend.

Cheers from the desert,

Jason

Old 02-01-2014, 07:03 PM
TE Expert

Default To jcpix: photo

Hey Jason
glad you liked this one, not many others have haha

I was going to post this photo with cars in the fg waiting at the red light, but i found it to be too distracting as they blocked the city view, and i have a number of car shots already (more to come too).

as for the building...i bet it will years and years and years before that building turns into a hotel. I'm betting it may not even make it at all. Cubans are known for taking it easy, it takes a long time to get anything done...and those are just the simple things in life.

amazing when you walk the streets of Havana, because you know at SOME POINT in their history there were lots of riches, lots of money...and now look at it. All of that architecture would have been AMAZING 50 years ago when its newly built. If only we had a time machine eh!

If i did have a time machine, with all do respect to Cuba, it wouldn't be my first destination lol..what were those lottery numbers again?

cheers
craig