Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great rigoletto 2014-01-21 23:12

beautiful bird, one of my favourites. you managed the difficult light quite well. i wish one day i see them in their natural environment. i feel so sad for the animals kept in zoos.

Old 01-22-2014, 12:01 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To rigoletto: me too

Hi Deniz,

I don't like to see any animal in cages, since I'm a biologist I prever to see then free. To me Zoos must be only for animals that were rescued and can't be released again in their natural habitat. I know that some zoos work with re-integration of rescued animais to release in nature.
However many others made the sad thing to take them from nature only for show business.
Did you saw the documentary "The Cove"? It is about illegal capture and selling of dolphins in Japan for USA aquariums.

Andre
Old 01-22-2014, 06:23 PM
TE Expert

Hi Andre,

I am totally with you about the use of zoos as animal rehab centers. Keeping them there, trapped for life long is the worst cruelty.

No, i haven't seen "The Cove" but i will certainly have a look.

The movie that could change a human's approach to animal cruelty could be "Earthlings". Just dreadful and incredibly painful to watch, the way the humans are behaving to animals is beyond any words and comprehension. I even thought about becoming a PETA activist after watching it.

And those last news and movies from that terrible Surabaya Zoo in Indonesia... make you really hate zoos.

Best wishes,
Deniz
Old 01-22-2014, 06:39 PM
TE Senior Member

Default movie

Intersting I didn't know this Earthings movie, I''ll look for it. About the Surabaya Zoo, is crazy how they still mantain that place and none take care of the animals.

Here in Rio de Janeiro there are many biologists and animals doctors working there with many reaserch programs, some related with environmental Education and recovery endangered species with developments of captive breeding of the endangered animails.

During my Biology Graduation I visit the zoo many times to study the behavior of the Harpia eagle. The they gave life food to instigating it wild behavior.

have a nice day.
Andre
Old 01-22-2014, 06:52 PM
TE Expert

Hi Andre,

So, you are the eagle-man of TE, good to know

I have an eagle photo from Serengeti, not that good to show on TE, but i may send it to you as a gift.

Best wishes,
Deniz
Old 01-22-2014, 08:57 PM
TE Senior Member

Default eagle man???

Hi Deniz,

eagle man??? no no
I only do a work about that eagle. My area of knowledge is Pharmacology. About drugs I undersant better
But I will be glad to see the eagle picture.

Thanks
Andre