Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great UlfE 2014-01-18 12:03

Hi Karen,

Your drive to Pt. Mugu Rock and your patience when you were looking for the best perspective, the best lighting and the best composition really paid off. As a photographer, it is usually a good idea to take many photos. There is usually one photo that is better, often far better, than all the others. I am convinced that this superb photo is such a photo, a photo that is far better than all the others you took that evening.

I like very much your choice of a vertical format and that the waves splashing against the rocks and the still sunlit clouds after the sunset sort of form a semi circle. That the lighting could not have been better is perhaps needless to say. TFS and have a nice weekend!

Kind regards,

Ulf

Old 01-20-2014, 02:12 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To UlfE: arc

Hi, thank you for the critique. I didn't notice the arc effect from the cloud and the wave like you did. Interesting interpretation.
I tried to go back to this spot for sunrise but alas the park is closed before sunrise so no place to park. I also took a version of this place in horizontal with several people up on the cliff. Great place to view the ocean and the sunset.
Better place for sunset.
Thank you,
Karen