Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great willperrett 2014-01-19 2:55

Hello Neyvan
Is this by any chance, evidence of the deforestation of the Mato Grosso area, or is this somewhere else? It almost reminds me of the scenery of Morocco in its apparent aridity, which surprises me for Brasil. Lovely scene nevertheless, and a well-balanced composition. I have to ask: why the strong yellow bias to the tones on your last few postings?
Regards
Will

Old 01-19-2014, 11:54 AM
TE Senior Member

Lightbulb To willperrett: Strong yellow bias to the tones

Hi Will!
No, this is not in Mato Grosso (State), but in GOIÁS (State). In this part of Brazil, we do not have the Amazon Forest, but a huge area with another type of vegetation (flora & fauna), callede "CERRADO". It has grassland, lower trees, many kinds of palm trees etc. It has two very different seasons, a very wet and a very dry one! I visited this area in the dry season, so most of the grassland was dry and I took this picture at the end of the day, with the sunset light, so that's why I got those colors! "CERRADO" is a place where we have most of our farmland, with cattle and soybean as its main products (together with many others) and, yes, it has been destroyed for many years as it's become our new "frontier" in the last decades!
Well, all for now! I hope I have cleared up some of your doubts!
Cheers,
Neyvan