Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great rigoletto 2014-01-10 13:52

the subject is awesome, the spookiest possible, the vantage point is spectacular, we see almost everything about it, there is even a man sitting on the fallen trunk (!), and b&w is the perfect choice. whereas, here is a bit of grumbling for you: whatever you did during pp spoilt the whites and greys (played too much with curves to highlight?), as i see many pixelled textures on water and sky. i also do this sometimes, usually realize it after upload, but then it is too late. glad that nobody realized it yet.

Old 01-11-2014, 04:46 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To rigoletto: Pixels

Hi Deniz,
Thanks for the comments, as always a pleasure to read your note!

Yes, I must admit to not being overly happy with the result here. When I took this, the subject caught me up, and I had to shoot, but as you can see on the left, the light was dreadful, with me shooting sideways against it, and it blew out a lot of the shot (That's why I cut the building short, I did photo the whole thing). I tried to handle the light by adjusting shadows a little in PP, but it didn't fully work, so that was why I made it black and white as well.

Not what I would call a successful PP work, but hey, it gives me a good reason to go back again, and maybe this time get inside!
Thanks as always
Noel