Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great tyro 2014-01-03 18:03

Hi Craig,

For a "first go" at panning, this is a damn good shot!!

I love how this old American car seems to fly along the road against a background of blurred buildings. The car and its driver are perfectly sharp and clear too. You've done jolly well to catch this so sharply at 1/10 second: I'm not sure what speed the car was doing but I guess I would probably have been a bit more conservative and gone for something like 1/60th.

This is truly Brilliant!

Have a Wonderful 2014!

Best Wishes,

John.

P.S. Funnily enough, I was doing a bit of idle browsing and came across a brilliant picture of yours - the narrowest street in Sweden which you posted in the days when you were "macjake2000". I wrote a critique, of course! :o)

Old 01-04-2014, 10:55 PM
TE Expert

Default To tyro: sweden

Hi John
haha...yes, my little trip to Sweden!
Glad to know that you found it haha

Oh those were the days, the days when I only had my tiny digital piece of crap camera with me even though I owned a SLR but I was "photographied out" in those days. It was probably something else going on in my life that I was disappointed about that also made me feel negative about photography...just didn't care I guess.

More happier times now

I would love to return to Scandanavia, with my good camera gear and much better company too! Its an embarrassment, but I was married and was extremely unhappy. Times are different now, I'm divorced, but much happier.

if only we could go back in time right!? change things up a bit, but then again we wouldn't learn as much would we?

thanks again John!
cheers