Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great willperrett 2014-01-04 10:50

Hello Deniz
Your title is absolutely apt. I love Brugge, and was there in the Winter too. Your interpretation is stunningly beautiful and I wonder what (if anything) you've done to create the "old master" look: slight ochreish tint maybe. My only slight whinge is that to my eyes, it doesn't look quite sharp, but then, the slight softness may add to the atmosphere...
Regards
Will

Old 01-04-2014, 06:15 PM
TE Expert

Exclamation To willperrett: ochreish tint and other issues

Hi Will,
Thank you for your kind words and interest in this one. Actually, it was a forgotten photo till i rediscovered the Belgium folder in my external harddisk.
It was a rather dark day and i had used -1,5EV or something like that. I always use RAW processing. Here, i manually set the Kelvin somewhere between cloudy and daylight, giving those ochre warmth to the already pastel colors. Further, the mode was selected as landscape, and it made the colors livelier, thus i applied some desaturation to make it look older. The final, and the most "old masterly" touch was the slight application of vignetting. I guess the softness comes from f5.6 and i had focused in the center, leaving the surroundings a bit out of focus. I tried to correct it but in vain. I am not happy with it either.
Best wishes,
Deniz

Last edited by rigoletto; 01-04-2014 at 06:23 PM.