Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great rigoletto 2014-01-02 2:14

hi andre. delicious post for the end of 2013. i also find your note helpful. for the ones open to improvement, photography is not a big issue indeed, you can over-master it in 5 years. might of course be a misinterpretation, but you sound like "i am finished, that's it" in your note. there should be some new challenges in there, or technical perfection is the end? happy 2014!

Old 01-02-2014, 11:50 AM
TE Expert

Default To rigoletto: Self-depreciation

Hi Deniz,

Please be reassure that in no way, do I suggest that "I am finished, that's it"...

To the contrary, what I am mentioning in my note is a self-critical comment, underlying how naive I was, oversaturating my stuff and shifting colours randomly. Than I credit members of Trekearth for the lessons I have learned over the years.

If you read Angshuman's comment on this photo, you will realize that he got it right and that you misinterpreted my note, or maybe I didn't formulated in a proper way. But one way or another, believe me Deniz, my intention was never to suggest that I am now on the top of my game... I know too much how photography is an ongoing affair, and that you constantly learn technical and artistic notions.

By publishing this photo through a new post-treatment, it was a simple demonstration of the level of amateurism I was into when beginning to shoot 7 years ago, not knowing about how to edit my images properly, and that indeed, suggesting that we constantly learning.

Far from being pretentious, this post support completely the opposite, looking back at my work and realizing how wrong I was. If it wasn't for the respect of critiques I have received over the years and the time spent by fellow members, I would erase 2/3 of my gallery.

Happy New Year to you!

Last edited by InasiaJones; 01-02-2014 at 11:54 AM.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:04 PM
TE Expert

Hi Andre,

Having read Angshu's critique, i was of course aware of your humbleness in the note. I just wanted you to reassure it against any possible wrong readings. Now there is no place to any questions

You are a gift for TE and i am so happy that you are one of those staying here, so that we can still learn.

Best wishes,
Deniz