Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great EstudioChispa 2013-12-19 13:53

This is perfect, Jason. Here's the reason I love it: as a (occasionally, in the distant past) photojournalist, the picture I WANT from here is the perfect, full-frame, no-reflection documentary shot of Ms. Mona Lisa. But unless you have the keys to the kingdom, you ain't gonna get it. Neither are ANY of these tourists holding up their cell phones or little point-n-shoots. But in a textbook lesson of "going with the flow," you have stepped back and given us the BETTER document -- the art in context and the scene she engenders, at the ripe old age of 400!

My new favorite foto from the Louvre!

Best regards, happy holidays!

Russ
Austin, Texas

Old 12-20-2013, 01:03 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To EstudioChispa: THE shot

Alright Russ, if you can obtain that shot you will have trumped over every other tourist from the beginning of time. I am at your command!

It was a madhouse in there, and if I didn't know any better I'd liken it to a football scrum...I might have had me "goods" punched just trying to make my way to the front...or as close as I could get anyway!? Darned kids!

I understand the feeling of being pulled away, I'm heading back to SLC tomorrow for Xmas. Hope you're able to find some time to sneak in some "work" amidst the chaos. haha

Thanks so much for the kind compliments. Great to hear from you as always. Happy Holidays and warm wishes from next door.

J