Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great macjake 2013-12-19 10:52

Hi Jason
the world is full of deception!
I was astonished (but not anymore) when i first learned that the museum will often show the 'fake' Mona Lisa, and nobody even knows the difference.

They do it to preserve the real Mona Lisa.

So which one did you see here on this day? who knows!

Not to open up the doors to other conversations, but it just makes me wonder what else is going on around the world that we the every-day-folk are getting scammed with.

Lets hope you were there for the real thing, but as you mentioned its the overall experience that you're actually getting here, and the photo captures it well.

Hope you have a happy holiday with you and your family!!!
Cheers
craig

Old 12-20-2013, 12:56 AM
TE Expert

Default To macjake: Impossible

Hey Craig,

No way would they swap out the real thing, knowing I came from afar just to see this exquisite work of art....I refuse to believe anything else!!

With my undiscerning eye for art, they could have put up a childrens finger painting of the Mona Lisa and I would have taken it at face value!? (pun intended! )

I don't even want to think about what else the world shields us from...that could be opening up Pandoras Box! Let's just stay in our our little safe bubbles.

Great to hear from you as always. Happy Holidays and warmest wishes from down South. Take it easy.

J