Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great tyro 2013-12-18 3:40

Hi Craig,

I really love this one! It really is great that you are moving out of your little comfort zone of photographing buildings and now moving to people too. And, looking at this picture and the happy demeanour of this lovely lady, I'm sure that she made it really easy for you - she just looks so kind and friendly and so obliging too. How nice of her to pose so comfortably like this for you!

And her pose doesn't look at all "staged" - it looks perfectly natural as I am sure it was. You have caught her in her own environment perfectly and it's quite sad to see her smartly dressed in bright colours against the backdrop of her own rather poor, dull and dreary home.

A really lovely photograph and one of which you should be proud. I'm just wondering if you could find her address and send her a copy of this picture? I'm sure she'd love that.

Wonderful!

Kind Regards,

John.

Old 12-19-2013, 05:39 PM
TE Expert

Default To tyro: out of my comfort zone

Hi John
Yeah, when traveling to Cuba, if you're not into photographing people you're not going to get the full experience.

So i HAD to move into this new zone lol

I just had to MAN up and approach people, the good news is Cuba was the best place to try a new approach as the people are so friendly.

I sometimes had my wide angle lens on, and i know thats not the best for taking photos of people, but i tried my best.
There's alot more to come too

thanks again
craig