Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great jcpix 2013-12-12 14:18

Hi Krzysztof,

I'd be shocked if this were anywhere other than Greece, the classic blue & white is immediately recognizable. Such smooth coloring here, playing with the light and shade, this is quite a masterful exposure. You've provided quintessential elements of the islands, but with a bit of a wrinkle to make it stand out from the crowd....as there's no hint of the sea within sight. More often than not, it seems that it's almost inevitable, but this takes on a slightly different attraction concentrating on full shape, form and texture rather than the open and scenic views.

Good idea to include the tourists, and catching one doing the same...taking a photo. :) Who wouldn't want to though...this is beautiful, bright and charismatic. I'm only surprised there aren't more people clogging up the narrow paths and making it absolutely impossible to take a decent shot. You got one though, and a great one at that!

My friendliest wishes,

Jason

Old 12-13-2013, 07:31 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To jcpix: Pyrgos

Hi Jason,
thanks for your kind words.
That was the best about Pyrgos or Emporio-two really beautiful villages,which were almost completely forgotten by the tourists-to my great relief.It was rather a relaxing experience after Fira and Oia,where I even wasn´t able to get the place for my tripod to capture the sunset

Take care my friend
Krzysztof