Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great annjackman 2013-12-12 7:54

Hi John,
This is lovely with soft, natural colours and plenty of space given to the milky colourso f the sea and sky The lady walking into the picture, perhaps to sit on that bench, is an important element in this composition.
Excellent!
Kind Regards, Ann
p.s. I am seeing that others are complaining about the size of the vertical formats and the need for scrolling. It does spoil the enjoyment of pictures such as this.

Old 12-12-2013, 04:33 PM
TE Expert

Default To annjackman: Large formats.......

Hi Ann,

I know I replied to a critique of yours yesterday and almost jokingly suggested that you rotate your monitor screen through 90 in order to view these tall vertical format pictures. But, while that may well be possible, I do agree that it is all starting to pall just a little bit and I am also getting a bit cheesed off with the inability to view a complete picture without the need to scroll up and down and (in the case of "beta" TE) shift from side to side.

As I said in my message, I note that your last picture of the "Cowboys" was uploaded at 800 pixels in larger dimension. Do you think we should all just go back to the old upload sizes?

Kind Regards,

John.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:52 PM
TE Junior Member

Default size

Hi John,
There has been some discussion on the forum although I am not sure anything has changed much. I find that it is the verticals that are the problem not the horizontals. I only uploaded the last picture at 800 because I had resized it ready for posting before the new size limits came in.
I don't use the betaTE because I can't see that the pics look any better with it.
Best wishes, Ann
Old 12-12-2013, 05:49 PM
TE Expert

Default Viewing Larger Images.....

Hi Ann,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I hardly look at the "beta" version of TE either though I know that others (such as Malgo and Gunnar) use it exclusively. I suppose I've become "used " to the "new" version though I do hate those damn adverts that pop up everywhere around the screen.

What I do tend to do, though, if I see a picture which I would like to view in greater detail, is to right-click on the picture itself and then click on "Properties" in the menu which pops up and then, if the picture size is 790 pixels in one or other direction (suggesting that the picture has been reduced in size for the website), copy the url of the picture and paste it into another web browser window or tab to see it at full size.

Kind Regards,

John.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:25 PM
TE Expert

Location: I live in Pessac, city surburb of Bordeaux - France
Thumbs up Too big vertical images size

Agree with you 100%

you can also modify the zoom level of your PC, and have 75% enlargement instead of 100%