Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great ourania 2013-12-04 13:14

Hello Gert,
this is an interesting daily life scene full of details, movement and purpose. I think it is bit abruptly cropped on its left side or it's my curiosity to see more of this busy quay and the people on it. There's superb sharpness, depth and lighting in the foreground, the scene is so vivid I feel like I'm warching a film. The distant view is well defined and interesting, the white sky makes this place look isolated from the rest of the world. Maybe this is why the details on the boat and the quay look so significant and captivating. Congratulations and thank you!
All the best, have a great evening,
Ourania

Old 12-05-2013, 04:31 PM
TE Expert

Default To ourania: abrupt

Thank you Ourania,
Yes, it is very abruptly cropped to the left. I agree. The reason is that taking this photo I was just for once not interested in the ladies with the conical hats, only the boat and the men offloading it. I could not find a place where i could take it all in, especially not since I usually try to be a bit discreet. I try to avoid having people behave like they are posing. I considered cropping even more during PP, to get rid of the ladies entirely, but that would have been even more abrupt, so I decided to leave it like this.
Kind regards,
Gert