Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great tyro 2013-12-04 14:12

Hi Craig,

Well, now, this is a turn up for the books for you! I don't think I've ever seen you post such a wonderfully intimate picture, let alone one of a lovely shy little girl before!

This is a beautiful portrait and one which really expresses not only the shyness of the little girl but also tells us so much about the interaction between yourself and her. But I bet Tosca was beside you trying to coax her to look at the camera!

And what a cutie she is too with her pink Minnie Mouse trousers, her blue top and those cool pink wellies!

This sure beats all those boring old landscapes, eh? :o)

Fantastic!

Best Wishes,

John.

P.S. I hope you don't mind but I couldn't help having a wee play about with this one so I've done a quick little workshop for you. I hope I've not spolied your picture too much but I have tried selectively to lighten the little girl's face just a tiny bit to "bring out" that right eye of hers. See what you think - I've done it using a layer mask, something I'm experimenting with these days!

Old 12-05-2013, 07:08 AM
TE Expert

Default To tyro: layer

Hi John
Thanks for checking this photo out.
Looking at yr WS photo, were you able to highlight only her face? Because thats what it looks like. If so, how'd you do that???

I enjoyed reading your comment about how intimate this shot is....i never thought of it in that way....but i suppose it is because i had to get super close to her due to having the extreme wide angle lens on. I was just too bloody tired and lazy to change lenses at that time....so i went with it.

Thanks again for the WS
I'll be off to Havana on Friday!!!!!
Looking forward to seeing all those old cars!
Cheers