Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great mkamionka 2013-11-16 13:49

Czesc Aleksander,
bardzo atrakcyjna prezentacja z tego malo znanego miejsca. Budynek wyraznie podpisany rokiem oddania. Bardzo ciekawa rzezba wyglada jakby pozwolono ja wykonac dzieciom. Nie wiedzialem ze sw Katarzyna byla krolowa pomyslalbym ze to raczej Jadwiga. Trudno zgadnac czy ma w reku miecz czy krzyz. Tak czy owak interesujacy zakatek i wszystko zadbane np swietnie wyrownana perspektywa,
Pozdrowienia
M

Old 11-14-2013, 10:16 PM
TE Expert

Smile To ktanska: Oops!

Oops! Well I saw the outside of the Sagrada Famiglia. Does that count?

My priority that day was a rather long lunch with Juan (JFS) and Carlos Marin at a Japanese-Catalan fusion restaurant yum!

Do you forgive me? Hehehe

Cheers
Lisa
Old 11-16-2013, 05:28 PM
TE Expert

Wink Sagrada Familia

Let's say you've passed Barcelona 101 with minimum requirements! That could be comparable to seeing the Opera House from a hotel window.
Kari
Old 11-16-2013, 09:45 PM
TE Expert

Smile Really?

Hi Kari

Really? Because Juan and Carlos told me to give it a miss; that it was a bit corny, too touristic and overrated. And they're from Barcelona. So when we finally arrived after lunch, saw the queue - of which I couldn't see an end - we made an executive decision to avoid it. If there'd been no queue I would have gone in. But nothing (unless it's childbirth) is worth waiting 6 hours for

Oh well, maybe next time!

Cheers
Lisa
Old 11-17-2013, 10:29 AM
TE Expert

Default Queue

No I wouldn't have waited for six hours either. I guess September is very busy time and after lunch is the worst time to arrive at any popular place. Was it weekend?
It may be too touristy (aren't they all if you can't have one for yourself?). But not overrated. Climbing up a spire, seeing some small decorations up there next to the city view, is awesome. And so is the museum presenting Gaudi's plans.
By the way, I have lived in Barcelona, back in 1992.
Kari