Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great tyro 2013-11-06 12:59

Hi Craig,

Yes, I must apologise for not having been very active here on TE for a wee while - first our little TE meeting in the Scottish Borders and then a trip to south Wales to visit my youngest daughter and husband and meet my new grandson!

This is a spectacular shot and I bet it's a far better one than any of those photographers managed to capture - a great "people watching" image!

Your two workshop pictures are delightful too - very impressive indeed looking down into that Sacred Valley far below. All pictures have amazing light and amazing skies, no doubt helped by your super-wide lens and your skilful processing but the lanscape is very dramatic indeed too. Gorgeous light and colours and your usual exquisite details and sharpness, much better seen in the main image when viewed at bigger size on "beta" TE.

Fabulous!

Kind Regards,

John.

P.S. I've just noticed a funny thing. If you click on Map:view and your map comes up, the Google map no longer seems to have the multicoloured "Google" logo at bottom left - that used to be good because you could click on it and open up a much bigger map.

I've had a look at this amazing place on Google Earth too - the valley looks amazing though the little yellow Google man hasn't yet driven his little camera car around these parts. There are, however, lots of photographs of this place to see on Google Earth. Is that little town down in the valley called Maras?

Old 11-07-2013, 07:05 PM
TE Expert

Default To tyro: the town

Hey John
great to see you back, and of course its understandable that you're off TE for awhile to see your new grandchild! how sweet is that!! I guess its ok haha

so how many grandchildren in total do you have now?

as for the photo, i think you're right about the name of the town in the deep valley, but Malgo would be the expert to find out for sure...she's amazing that way!

i've been enjoying your series from the te meeting
funny how we havn't seen any TE members IN the photos.
keep them coming!

see you around
craig