Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > General

Notices

Old 08-01-2013, 06:28 PM
TE Senior Member

Default Opinions please

Hello everyone,

Yesterday I was out taking photos in Times Square, and I came across some street artists. Three women were posing with tourists, and were brightly decorated, the only thing is that they were completely topless except for some body paint! They didn't have too much on their bottoms either, but at least there was some thong underwear.

My question is this: are photos of these types of performers unacceptable on a site such as TE? Would you consider them to be too explicit or in bad taste? The women were beautifully-decorated, but still half naked.

They did represent the mood of Times Square, which is a crazy mix between Disney Land and Carnaval!! If you go to Times Square enough you will certainly see just about anything and everything!!

I don't know if I would post the photos I took. I am interested in hearing what other members, and the moderators, think about it.

Thanks for your opinions, and have a great day!
Brenda in NYC

Last edited by worldcitizen; 08-01-2013 at 07:03 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-01-2013, 06:40 PM
TE Expert

Smile Art

In my opinion what you photographed does not sound lewd or overtly sexual Brenda. I would have no issue with your street performers being posted on TE, they are part and parcel of modern culture and obviously can be categorised as a daily life/art shot. Many of us post shots of naked women (i think of the OvaHimba of Namibia as an example) and I see no difference.

Post away!

Warm regards rosemary
Old 08-01-2013, 06:54 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Porteplume

Hi Brenda,
I think that happenings/events which are acceptable on the street should be acceptable on TrekEarth where we ought to represent daily life everywhere in the world...
Two cents from a moderator!

Amicalement - Viviane
Old 08-01-2013, 09:17 PM

I agree with the previous comments, both as a member and a moderator. Post them - we'll soon tell you if they aren't acceptable
Old 11-21-2013, 04:38 AM
TE Newbie

Hi Will,
I am not a mod but I think this question has been already raised here. I suppose it has something to do with the activity on the forum only, not posts nor critiques. I have no idea what it is for.