Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great Noel_Byrne 2013-10-19 5:53

Hi Jason,
I know its not really a word, but what the heck.....woooooooooooo!! This is very cool, the detail across the whole scene is a joy to behold, and by allowing so much of the frame to be that wonderful circular floor, you have created a really astounding sense of depth. The light is managed perfectly (I know what you mean about this being difficult, its why I am not very good at interiors!) but this is just superb. The gigantic marble staircase reminds me of the type that I could some ancient Emperor like Caligula walking down, donned in toga and ready to be fed grapes by a slave. That depth leading to the stairs is really brilliant.

And then, to match the glorious glowing white stonework, to have that beautiful colored artwork in the centre at each side of the arch! Class.

And thanks for a good lesson in composition, I would have probably cropped this closer to the top of the arch, but I can see in this capture that would have been the wrong thing to entirely, as in this the slight upside down semi circular design compliments the circular floor really well, balancing everything in such a cool way. I love this shot and building, I want to see this someday!
Cheers
Noel

Old 10-20-2013, 04:14 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To fotoguy22: All to myself

Hi Greg,

Thanks so much for the visit, and the kind words on both photos. I gotta' say, your profile page is great...#'s 8 & 17 are my favorites! In fact, as a die hard Yankees fan, it's killing me to see the Red Sox doing so well. *sigh*

To your question, I believe it was the middle of the day on a Tuesday when I took this picture....with the exception of a few tourists, and I mean that literally, as there were all but 3 at the time...I virtually had the floor to myself. It didn't last too long though, there was a group that showed up about 15 minutes after this shot. Dumb luck...right place at the right time!

I liked what I saw in your gallery, very nice work indeed...I'll definitely be getting more familiar with it!

Hope you're having a good weekend. Take care.

Best wishes from the other side of the country,

Jason