Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great delpeoples 2013-10-10 14:36

Ciao Chris

My family lives 5 minutes from here, you should have called in and my Super Aunty could have made you a nice plate of vongole :)

It's always wonderful to see this place, and in the strong sunshine, it seems a little less haunting and doomed. When I see it in bad weather it makes me sad not just for the past, but for what may happen in the future :(

Stunning colours and definition, the front-on POV gives is an excellent idea of what. We are looking at and how grand it must have been in its heyday.

Cheers
Lisa

Old 10-11-2013, 11:26 PM
TE Expert

Default To delpeoples: Pompeii

Hi Lisa

I have very good memories of Pompei. The staff at the train station called a guesthouse for me after I discovered there wasn't a single guesthouse mentioned in the Lonely Planet Mediterranean guidebook. Hotel Villa Diomede staff greeted me with a complimentary cold orange juice and treated me like family. Really exceptional hospitality. I departed the train at Pompei Scavi-Villa dei Misteri and they picked me up. The price was very reasonable too. Only about 30 euros a night. It was near the railway track going downhill. Food was excellent too!