Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great goodwill 2013-08-08 11:31

Yes, the texture of the sea is different. The reflections of the clouds create one faint image of boxer with a single glove.
Oil pastel effects, this is the feeling I get from this image of silver and grey shades.

If I were to click the image I would just copy the POV but not include the land/sand which is distracting to mine eyes.............is my personal opinion and nothing else.

Sincerely,
Rajeev

Old 08-08-2013, 07:54 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To goodwill: Hi Rajeev,

Thanks for you comment, I appreciate your opinion.
Well, I had to strain my imagination a bit to see the boxer there

Have you found your lens cap yet? If you still intend to perform that quick dead pixels test on your old camera here are some tips: turn autofocus off, close the viewfinder so that no light clould get in, set the exposure for at least 30 sec and make a shot with the cap on. Then examine your shot at the full size resolution. The red and blue "stars" are hot pixels, the white "stars" are dead ones. It's just a quick way, to get the correct idea you need to run a special computer program on three shots with different exposures.
But I'm afraid you won't be able to post the dead pixels picture in ws unless you have lots of them and can make a drastic crop. They are single pixels, you know, - too hard to see if the picture is downsized.

Oh, and if you don't see anything then your old camera is top quality and in mint condition and you were too quick to buy a new one

Cheers!
Old 08-08-2013, 08:50 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Please Check

Hello Marina,
Yes I found the cap for my old camera Sony DSC H-50, bought in 2007. Well this is not a SLR and has got only the autofocus and not the manual focus.
So I followed all the instructions, as mentioned by you and have uploaded the results in the workshop of Star Trek.
Is it meaningful or shall I need to repeat the procedures with my SLR; Canon 60D bought last year?
Regards the boxer, I am preparing the workshop to highlight the boxer with gloves. (Its so vivid on my screen)
My Regards,

Rajeev
Old 08-08-2013, 09:35 PM
TE Junior Member

Well, judging by your snapshot your old camera is perfect You've got only two hot pixels in the low left corner (blue and red) and no dead ones. There are about 5 or 6 gray pixels visible but I guess it must be the dust on your cap. Hot and dead pixels can be even on new cameras so it's advisable to check what you buy But the correct test should be done on several shots with different exposures and different iso. If you're interested you can find the procedure in the internet, the one I told you about is very quick and approximate. By the way, those pixels are not much of a problem if there aren't too many of them. They are automatically corrected by a Raw converter when processing the shot.

Thanks for the boxer, looks like he's going to knock the pier down))

Good night!
Old 08-09-2013, 05:04 AM
TE Junior Member

Default learning Continues.

Good Morning Marina,
This is a wonderful information for me, to know that the old cam is still in perfect condition. Learning is vast, but its important to listen and learn, and I am thankful to you for broadening my horizon in learning the Photography. The time you spared for me for this learning curves, means a lot to me.
My regards,
Rajeev