Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great batalay 2013-05-30 10:58

Merhaba Deniz,

Your photo has a splash of humor set against a legendary sunset from the Maldives, a place I've always wanted to visit. Are you still there, or have you returned to Istanbul?

Sevgi ve selamlarimla,

Bulent

Old 05-30-2013, 06:40 PM
TE Expert

Default To Royaldevon: vacation

Hi Bev

haha...win the Lottery!! are you kidding...!! Oh I'd be away alot longer than 3.5 weeks if I won millions of dollars lol

Because of my work schedule and my vacation time, it may SEEM like i get alot of time off, more so than the usual...but its just how it works out in the end...I work 4 12hr shifts in a row...then i get 5 days off. and thats my routine throughout the year...so its easy to go places in my 5 days off.

and what i can also do, is swap my shifts with my work colleagues...if i swap 1 set of 4 shifts with a colleague, then get 14 days off!!! (because i get 5 days off before and then after my 4 12hr shifts) and thats without even taking holiday time..

So what i did was...i swaped shifts AND took holiday time off, then combined the two together to get 1 full month off. Get it? i know its kinda complicated and hard to explain

But i think we're done traveling for the year...or at least we feel that way now. We're going to stay home for awhile and take it easy

But i'm going to try to convince my girlfriend Tosca to go to Las Vegas on my set of 5 days off in the autumn haha...
Vegas is only a 2 hr flight from here so its easy to get to.

anyways...thanks again for your comments...i'll check out whats new in your gallery tomorrow as i'm all out of critiques today.

see you around
craig
Old 05-30-2013, 06:49 PM
TE Expert

Thumbs up Travelling

Thanks for the info, Craig.
It is complicated but I understand how it works

I love how you think of places in air-time.
Vancouver to Las Vegas - 2 hours.
That's quicker than I can get to London!

I look forward to seeing shots of your exciting journey.

Best wishes,
Bev