Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great batalay 2013-05-30 10:58

Merhaba Deniz,

Your photo has a splash of humor set against a legendary sunset from the Maldives, a place I've always wanted to visit. Are you still there, or have you returned to Istanbul?

Sevgi ve selamlarimla,

Bulent

Old 05-30-2013, 07:43 PM
TE Senior Member

Talking To rigoletto: "memento mori"

That is a new phrase to me, although not an unfamiliar concept. (Again, TE continues to educate me!)

I LOL'd at the "epicurean" aspect of the phrase! Only somewhat related, I like to quote several of my ancestors (who all enjoyed eating foods that were bad for them), "I would rather die having it, than wanting it."

Your "conservation of energy" philosophy -- particularly LIFE energy -- is meritorious, in my opinion. There is a spiritual component to our being -- this is perhaps all that may be said with certainty on this subject, and I am wary of those who would claim to know anything more. But the death of the physical body should not necessarily also end our spiritual existence.

The Mexican culture has developed its attitude toward death in the context of five centuries of invasion, oppression, poverty, and hardship. I respect Mexico and her people greatly. Plus, they have a fantastic epicurian side! "jejeje"

I enjoy our dialogues. Have a great evening!

Russ
Austin, Texas