Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great SnapRJW 2013-05-10 23:53

Hello John - What a pleasure to see, I cannot imagine this could look any better as your conversion is tip-top. The way the building stands out so crisply against the softly shaded sky is exceptional and the tonal range and detailing is first rate. I'm so glad you posted this, it is such a change from the usual floodlit scenes we see in colour and so much more dramatic. Well done. Superb! Have a good weekend. Rosemary

Old 05-11-2013, 10:21 AM
TE Expert

Default To SnapRJW: Black and White or Colour..............

Hello Rosemary,

Thank you for your kind remarks about this one.

Actually, I had been delving through my archives and I saw that I had posted this colour photograph over five years ago! I had taken it late one night in Edinburgh in the company of one of my daughters and, at the time, though it quite good though I was never really happy with the weird colours on the tower which were caused by strange spotlights which they seem to have trained on it permanently.

This picture is not the same image but another taken at the same time (I think TE disapproves of "duplicate" images unless they are workshops) and I simply played around with it and converted it to b & w.

Glad you like it!

Kind Regards,

John.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:37 AM
TE Expert

Smile Colour

Hi John - I checked out the link to your colour version, it's a good shot. I see you have maintained the lovely soft sky in the colour but I do prefer the B&W. The floodlights are really garish in the colour version. Nothing to do with you rather down to the City Council who think they are in Las Vegas! If the tower where lit in the same way as the body of the church the result would be almost monochromatic and very sophisticated in style. Thanks for pointing me to this one. Take care Rosemary