Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great InasiaJones 2013-04-02 16:42

Hi Cristina,

Your note find echoes through my own thoughts about the urgency to live fully and not postponing joy...

Talking about joy, what a shot you are presenting here! It is a treat for the viewers, a great character, a stunning black and white with great contrasts and so much details, textures, and an incredible collection of bells and whistles!

The frame is tight, the moment is great to capture a funny expression and the subtle touch of warm grey suits your image perfectly.

Nice and compelling work!

André

Old 04-03-2013, 12:21 PM
TE Expert

Default To InasiaJones: re:

hi Andre',

having been absent for quite a while from TE, I was just going through some of your latest posts yesterday and enjoying them very much - so having you commenting one of my pictures is really an honour for me
I have several prime lenses but I am really attached to two of them: the 85mm and the 180mm. This photo was taken with my 85mm and every time I look at it I know why I love my 85mm - it's a luminous, clear lens that turns every subject into something special.
considering that I don't usually establish much of a contact with the people I photograph, the risk of capturing a bland expression is very high. here however the mood and atmosphere of the carnival (and the occasional ray of sunshine) helped a lot, as well as the theatrics of the character.
I wish I had more of these photo opportunities
thanks again for your comment!
c.