Great dekanski 2013-03-06 8:22

WOW! Great!
But I prefer lightning like this in WS!

AD

Old 03-06-2013, 04:21 PM
TE Junior Member

Default To dekanski: Contrast

Hello Aleksandar

Thanks for the workshop. It's certainly more contrasty, but that's not how the scene presented itself. Actually I have already edited the image in P'shop, but I always try to retain a sense of the original scene, which was a little misty. Although I've taught Photoshop for many years, I fear that it's now so easy (because so readily available) to make images "lie". Of course the photograph has always been capable of this, given sufficient darkroom expertise, but now everyone can do it, it makes me a tad cynical. Every image I look at on TE, I think: how much PP has this poor image been subjected to? And as you know, there's a fair number of postings that have so obviously been f**ked around with, that it makes me wonder about the photographers' motives. For me this is a site that attempts to document the world. Not digitally enhance it!

Now I'm off my soap-box, I thank you again for your experimentation!

Regards

Will
Old 03-06-2013, 05:08 PM
TE Newbie

Thumbs up

Absolutely agree,
Quote:
Originally Posted by willperrett View Post
Hello Aleksandar

Thanks for the workshop. It's certainly more contrasty, but that's not how the scene presented itself. Actually I have already edited the image in P'shop, but I always try to retain a sense of the original scene, which was a little misty. Although I've taught Photoshop for many years, I fear that it's now so easy (because so readily available) to make images "lie". Of course the photograph has always been capable of this, given sufficient darkroom expertise, but now everyone can do it, it makes me a tad cynical. Every image I look at on TE, I think: how much PP has this poor image been subjected to? And as you know, there's a fair number of postings that have so obviously been f**ked around with, that it makes me wonder about the photographers' motives. For me this is a site that attempts to document the world. Not digitally enhance it!

Now I'm off my soap-box, I thank you again for your experimentation!

Regards

Will
Old 03-07-2013, 09:44 AM
dekanski

Thumbs up Agree

Will,

I agree completely, and I have the same opinion about the quality of photos and motives of those who post the pictures. My intervention, you have to admit, has not produced an unnatural appearance, so it would appear that there is more sun.. Clouds in the background and sunlit valley made ​​me decide to do an experiment!

All the best!

Saša
Old 03-07-2013, 12:10 PM
TE Senior Member

I'm fond of saying, "The camera never lies... but it is prone to exaggeration!" Digital PP tools make this more true than ever!
(my $0.02)
Russ
Austin, Texas
Old 03-10-2013, 10:20 AM
TE Junior Member

Fair enough!!