Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great PaulVDV 2013-02-23 5:04

Hello Mesut,
Judging from the clothing of the visitors, it must have been rather cold in Prague and this while it was already mid-June.
The medieval astronomical clock that is still working today, is one of the highlights of a visit of Prague. I remember that I was very impressed when I first saw it. I also remember the hordes of visitors around the tower and on the adjacent Old Town Square.
Here you show us that busy atmosphere together with the calendar, the clock and the windows where the moving figures appear.
Very beautiful historical document!
Best regards, Paul

Old 02-23-2013, 01:03 PM
TE Senior Member

Default To PaulVDV: Prague Views - VIII

Hello dear Paul,
You are not only a perfect TE member and friend but also quite careful !
You are absolutely right. I don't know how I did this mistake with the date but I've now chrecked the notes on my slide frames and corrected all of them ! They are been made in mid March and not in June !!!
Errarum humanum est !

Many many thanks for your carefullness and all the best for the weekend.
MESUT ILGIM
Old 02-23-2013, 02:26 PM
TE Junior Member

Default the weather on pictures

Hello dear Mesut,

When I see a picture on TE I often look at the date when it is made.

You see, I've always liked to travel and I've also always enjoyed nice weather (like everyone of course).
But so often when you ask someone coming back from a trip how the weather was, the answer is that it was very good. Now when I travelled, I certainly have had my share of rain, fog and / or cold.

TE shows the shooting date and allows us to see at the picture if the sky was sunny or dull, what clothes the people were wearing, trees with or without leaves, ect.

So I was a little surprised that mid-June it was still so cold in Prague. But as the picture was taken in March, the warm coats of the people are completely understandable.

You see that I have a bit of an interest with it

So I know people who visited Istanbul in December and told me that the weather there was sunny with 20 C.
On TE I often see winter pictures of Istanbul that give another impression ...

With kind regards from Belgium,
Paul