Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great tyro 2013-01-13 14:51

Hi Richard,

Since Claude thinks we're all crazy, I thought I'd best write my tuppenceworth here!

This is a very fine picture. At first I thought that you had selectively desaturated the background, but I don't think you have. And that's because the two girls stand out so well and so colourfully against a very plain and misty background. Your composition is good, the tall lamppost on the right balancing the picture nicely and there's excellent detail and sharpness throughout.

Super!

Kind Regards,

John.

Old 01-14-2013, 12:11 PM
TE Junior Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Ricx
Default To tyro: thanks

Hi John, I would imagine that Scotland is now white with snow and some wonderfull opportunities for photos..

The photo in China was quite interesting as it was a very grey low cloud day.... I did not have a tripod- so I tried or experimented with a higher ISO and fear that I beamed it up to high and thus got alot of noise...( without balancing it on the camera).. so consequently- what I had hoped was a great range of photos I have many that I am unhappy with.. ( also took my 50D as opposed to my 5D- due to luggage allowance)..

This image I have "highlihted the girls" to bring out the colour.. but overall not as good as I had hoped..

I am still planning to be in Scotland in a fortnight with a few days business.. willl send you an email with details..

Hopefully we can still meet up..

Rich
Old 01-14-2013, 03:16 PM
TE Expert

Default Snow....

Hi Rich,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, we did have some snow here on Saturday night but by last night it had all gone away again. Not very picturesque here just now - just dull and wet again but colder than it has been.

I'm looking forward to seeing you in late January/early February - just let me know when you'll be coming!

Cheers,

John.