Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great delpeoples 2012-12-16 16:41

HI Craig

Ooooh spoooky! I seem to remember you having posted a close up some time ago when you were just getting into HDR. And definitely, you can see this is something Noel would love to get his claws into. You chose well with the B&W, heightening the mood and adding quite a menacing quality to the image. The architecture is so beautiful, a real classic and I can only imagine what those walls would say if they could speak. Did you ever witness anything "unusual"? This would be a perfect place for that show Most Haunted or other ghost busting shows, dontchathink? ANyway, a great shot of a fascinating subject and with the B&W, a novelty for your gallery. Keep em coming.

Cheers
Lisa

Old 12-17-2012, 12:12 AM
TE Expert

Default To delpeoples: Unusual haunted Stories

Hey Lisa

Did I ever witness anything unusual....I WISH!!! Now THAT would be a popular photo! haha

but no, i didn't personally. but those stories i mentioned are not made up by me just to make it more interesting. I've heard those stories several times by many different staff, and countless others too.
the security staff often have the best chances to experience such things because they have to do rounds even in the adandoned buildings too. Yikes!

another favorite story of mine is of a security guard doing rounds at 3am. He was in the basement, nobody around, then he heard the heavy door open and close behind him. He looks around...nobody there. He opens the door, and sees a transparent young girl standing in the hallway with a red backpack over her shoulder. Then she's gone.

On his drive home after work, the security guard see's the same young girl with the red back pack sitting on top of the hwy overpass!

wow
I'd love to see a ghost! wouldn't you!!
haha
Old 12-17-2012, 12:32 AM
TE Expert

Talking Ghosts & Ghoulies

Hi Craig

Wow, that story of the security guard gave me goosebumps! Lucky it's broad daylight here and there are lots of people around or I'd freak.

My sister - who I may have mentioned is also a nurse - used to work in a hospital for old war veterans and their wives. She is one of those very practical no-BS type of people yet she has a few stories to tell like that. One I remember well was when she was on nightduty years ago. It was around 3am and she was sitting at the desk on the ward. She saw one of her patients who had terminal cancer, wander out into the ward and just stand there smiling at her - and then walk back into her room. My sister was really startled as this lady was attached to a number of drips and was so ill she couldn't walk. She got up to see she was ok and saw the patient tucked into bed with all the drips attached and quite obviously dead. She has no explanation for it.

Quite frankly if I'd seen that, I'd have screamed the place down. So not sure about wanting to see one

Cheers
Lisa
Old 12-17-2012, 02:19 AM
TE Expert

Default ghosts

Holy crap lisa
I just got my freak on!!!!!

Thats an awesomely scary and bone chilling story.
We should put all of these in the write up for the photo lol

And yr sister is 100% sure it was the same pt! Wow.....i'm speachless.
Now i feel like watching a horror movie

Cheers
Old 12-17-2012, 02:50 AM
TE Expert

Talking Ghosts & Ghoulies

Hi Craig

hehehehe it gave me the shivers just writing it after all these years!

And it was pretty funny as she's the type who laughs at people who go to psychics and see ghosts etc. But I'll never forget the morning she came home and told me. She was truly scared and so confused. You could see her logical brain trying to explain it but she couldn't. Yeah it was definitely the same patient as she was the only female on the ward at the time, the rest were old boys and she had her room to herself!

Shudder

Lisa