Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great CLODO 2012-10-20 5:57

Hi Takero, my today neighbour!

the low POV enhances the lady in her colorfull dress, but I don't understand why you still let the blurred guy in the BG, not in the mood of the picture.
crop it, as in the proposed WS!
Cheers
CLODO

Old 10-19-2012, 07:38 PM
TE Expert

Default To notrap: An excellent workshop! Thank you!

Hello Elvira,

Thank you for your kind remarks and also for taking the time to do a wonderful workshop!

Yes, I remember Agfa CT 18 too. Actually, in Britain it was only very slightly cheaper than Kodachrome and, at the time, I thought it gave more natural colours than Kodachrome which seemed to have very bright and vibrant colours. Perhaps Agfa CT 18 was cheaper in Germany because (I suppose) it was made there? Agfa CT 18 was also quite fast (18 DIN or 100 ASA - ISO100) whereas the "standard" Kodachrome was 25 ASA and Kodachrome 64 (which I also used during this trip) was 64 ASA. But I can just remember my father using an earlier Kodachrome (probably around 1960 and before I had a camera of my own) which was 10 ASA!!! Can you imagine that? It was terribly slow.

But thank you so much for your workshop - a definite improvement indeed! You say that you removed the green cast from the floor but I presume that you also removed a general green cast from the whole picture. I presume that you didn't just remove the cast from the floor selectively?

But I wonder if you did anything else? Because the whole picture looks so very much better, it's sharper and I think there's more detail visible in the people in the picture too. Brilliant!

Kindest Regards,

John.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:40 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Photoshop

Good evening John,
I´m very pleased that you like your photo with my imrovement!
Meanwhile, after more than 10 years with photoshop, I have enough practise to be quick, and sometimes I do not remember the steps I needed to achieve a certain result. In case of this photo passed at least 4 or 5 days between editing and posting, so I am not sure wether I can describe what I have done. I think I ran "shadows/highlights" at a level of 10%, desaturated the floor separately with the "sponge", and desaturated the windows. One good thing about photoshop is, that you can achieve what you want in different ways.
Regards,
Elvira