Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > General

Notices

Old 08-23-2012, 12:25 PM
TE Junior Member

Post Hyperlinks

Hi

How do I create a hyperlink in the notes that I write to accompany my images?

Thanks

Mike
Old 09-09-2012, 12:49 PM
TE Expert

Default Hyperlinks, etc.

Hi Mike,

I've just seen your message today though Ann (annjackman) told me about it a couple of weeks ago.

Actually, adding hyperlinks, as well as adding things like bold and italic and underlined text, is quite easy. In fact, it is explained in the FAQs on this website - just go to the bottom of any page here, click on "About" and then "FAQs" and look at paragraphs 18 and 19. It's perhaps not that easy to understand and what also makes things a bit more complicated is that HTML language is used for links in notes and critiques but a rather different code (BB code) is used for links in messages here on the forum and you can find out a bit about that if you click on the words "BB code" in the small box at the bottom of this page.

I could try to illustrate the methods here but the problem is that the machinery would "recognise" the code and a whole lot of nonsense would come out. But I've composed a wee letter to you and I shall try to attach that here. I was going to add it as a Word document but it was too big: I'm therefore going to have a go at adding it as a "txt" document which might be a bit difficult to read but hopefully it should be all right. If there's any problems, let me know!

Best Wishes and Good Luck,

John.
Attached Files
File Type: txt HTML and BB Code - letter to Mike Wright.txt (3.7 KB, 12 views)