Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great tyro 2012-06-12 12:20

Hi Craig,

Boys and their toys! Super!

I like the oblique presentation which has allowed you to not only to keep the quayside parallel to the bottom of the picture and to include the large green object (?barge) at top right, but it has also given the whole photograph a refreshingly different look. I particularly like the waves travelling diagonally across the frame at an angle of 45 to what we normally would expect.

The colours are amazing as also is the amount of detail clearly visible, particularly on the deck of this cargo ship and the wharf next to it.

Lovely lighting, perfect exposure and stunning sharpness. And I'll say it with confidence (!) - a wonderfully subtle and painstaking HDR treatment too!

Fabulous!

Kind Regards,

John.

Old 06-12-2012, 09:21 PM
TE Expert

Default To tyro: Hdr

Hey John
I'm glad you liked this photo, seems like alot of members are not finding this one interesting, so its much appreciated.

as for HDR, sorry to say, but its NOT hdr
see you around
craig
Old 06-12-2012, 10:24 PM
TE Expert

Default Oh, NO!

Hi Craig,

I've got it wrong again!!!! Of course, any time up until I came across your photographs, HDR pictures stood out like a sore thumb - garish colours and unnatural contrasts and so on - and it was a breath of fresh air to enjoy your HDR pictures because the application of HDR is always done so subtly and expertly.

So, not only does it show my own incompetence, but it shows that you do HDR work in the very best way - to enhance a picture gently and subtly without wildly changing it and making it unnatural.

I think there's no doubt that pictures of "Boy's Toys" don't generally go down that well here - ships, steam locomotives, vintage cars and so on. So it is by no means a reflection on the quality of your photograph that not many people have commented on it! I love it!

Cheers,

John.