Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great tyro 2012-06-07 14:29

Hi Craig,

You never cease to leave me with puzzles to sort out - first, "Is it or is it not HDR?" and, next, "Where is this?"

You have given us the answer to the first question - this one is indeed HDR and so subtly done as usual.

To answer the second one, I do believe that if you look at this map and drag the yellow man down to the red cross and then "pan" around, you will find yourself on West Cordova Street looking westward just before it crosses Howe Street. You, of course, have obviously used a long lens for this one and that has foreshortened the perspective a lot. Because the sun rises in the east, I also managed to find the Harbour Centre (oops, sorry - center) which cast the shadow, behind you.

Sorry about all that, Craig, but I'm always up for a challenge!

After your last couple of postings, this one is clearly more in your own particular "comfort zone" and it is exceptional. The foreshortening of the perspective with a long lens has had a lovely effect and really shows off the height of these modern buildings. The colours, lighting, exposure and sharpness are magnificent. Well worth getting out of bed early for this one!

Fantastic!

Kind Regards,

John.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:15 PM
TE Expert

Default To tyro: hdr

Hey John

Thanks aslways! Its a pleasure everytime to read your notes.
I get a kick out of the fact you google-map my shot! thats awesome
and thanks for noticing the shadow of the harbour centre too!

as for subjects, yeah, this one is very comforting to me to shoot - but lately i've been craving to try more and more street photography in black and white...we'll see!

thanks again!
craig