Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great tyro 2012-05-29 13:55

Hi Craig,

I see that you were as dumbfounded as I was when you read Lisa's comments! She had spoken briefly a few days ago about doing this but I really didn't think she was quite so serious about it. She will indeed be sadly missed, not only for her photographs, but also her brilliant critiques, her incisive wit and her camaraderie. We can only hope that the administrators take some notice and correct matters and that Lisa, as well as others who have also left, will return.

Your photograph has a wonderful graphic appeal and the simple composition is very pleasing as well as conforming perfectly with the much revered "Rule of Thirds". The very limited colour palette and the varying gradations of fog and mist are lovely too and, despite the difficult condiitons, your exposure is spot-on and the sharpness exquisite.

Excellent!

Kind Regards,

John.

Old 05-29-2012, 09:46 PM
TE Expert

Default To tyro: Lisa Leaving

Hey John

yeah, I'm pretty speechless at this point.

I know there have been other TE members who have left in the recent past, but from a personal standpoint I didn't have a great connection with them other than sending critiques back and forth - having Lisa leave is more than just not having her photos to view, its a friend who will be missed.

I always looked with great anticipation in reading her critiques. Having that friendship with her was a large reason for being here everyday, I already feel that loss.

From a different perspective, its amazing how we can feel emotions for people we have never actually met!
Same would be said for many other TE members, such as yourself, Juan, Malgo, Josep, Brenda, George, Brian, Daniel, Bev, Francesco, and others....

But having Lisa leave is a tough pill to swallow.
If you're reading this Lisa, you always have friends here

guess i wasn't speechless afterall
Just feeling a bit down at the moment

Thanks as always John
Craig

Last edited by macjake; 05-30-2012 at 12:48 AM.