Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great Suppiluliuma 2012-05-17 3:44

As you rightly put, we don't always travel to exotic (whatever this term means)corners of the world. The skill is to present well-known places in a creative way. I totally agree.

The first features I noticed in your picture were its clarity and vivacity: You were very successful in using the nice light on the Eiffel Tour.

The clouds give a sense of depth and perspective, and without them the sky would be too blank, and the connection between the lower and upper parts could be lost, IMHO.

The composition is interesting and the viaduc's natural framing works well. Did you use any artificial light, a flash or a spot to highlight some details on the viaduc?

My only nit-picking is the presence of this lamp above. Since you couldn't destroy it by throwing stones, all I can think of, is to try to enlighten it a little bit more.

TFS.

With friednship,

Erdem

Old 05-17-2012, 11:01 AM
TE Expert

Default To Suppiluliuma: Thanks a lot....

Erdem. I really aprpeciate your critique. Honestly I was quite surprised by your nice words; maybe because I am fully aware of the shortfalls about my photographic capabilities & acumen

As for the viaduct portion, I simply used the shadow-highlight option selectively on that portion...the rest of the picture was exposed just fine anyway!

And I couldn't dream of throwing a stone at the lamp...if I was a native...maybe, but not in my status :-)

Thanks again!
Friendly Regards
Angshu