Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great delpeoples 2012-04-30 4:46

Ciao Giovanni

Do you know, before I even panned down to see the title I thought, "oh Craig will love this". I hope you don't take offence at this when I say this type of composition is really out of your comfort zone. But you did exceedingly well. Even without the bicycle rider it would be a great shot, but I like the effect of the slow shutter on the blurred motion of the cyclist. The reflections of the tall ship are a masterstroke and my favourite thing about the photo. Congrats, a great image and one that I'm sure our Canuck friend will enjoy.

Un abbraccio
Lisa

Old 04-30-2012, 03:30 PM
TE Expert

Default To delpeoples: A defect............

Ciao Lisa,

Thank you again for your kind remarks about this one.

I agree it is out of my comfort zone but I really quite liked it myself too! I had been wandering around taking pictures from various angles of the reflections of the ship in that huge semi-opaque glass frontage of this modern building when this guy whizzed past on a bike and I just had to press the shutter. Perhaps it might have been better had I not been on such a slow shutter speed but I reckoned the effect was all right.

There were some opportunities within the museum too: at one point a little boy was looking up in amazement at something but I didn't want just to snap away and cause offence to his parents and, of course, by the time I had plucked up courage to ask them for permission, the moment was lost!

But, yes, I agree, perhaps I need to explore this genre of photography a little more!

But did you spot the defect? It was beginning to rain when I took this shot and, as you know, the lens hood for the 17-40mm lens is a pretty scanty affair and I must have got a raindrop on my UV filter - something I didn't notice until I looked at the picture on my computer. I tried to get rid of it by various means - the clone tool, the healing tool and the burn tool, all of which had some beneficial effect - but the defect is still there - in the big window, just slightly above and to the right of the reflection of the cyclist's head.

Ho, Hum. Never mind. No-one appears to have noticed or, if they did, they were kind enough not to mention it!

Un abbraccio,

Giovanni.