Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great holmertz 2012-03-30 11:57

Hello Aleks,
None of us would say that this is a beautiful view in the general sense, but it's interesting, and it's a well composed photo. It shows that in certain ways Albania is moving forwards, new buildings and new cars everywhere. Politically it's a different story. Presently I keep an eye on Albanian politics (and those of many other countries) for the web-site of a Swedish think-tank, so I get a picture of an almost total political stalemate. We know from everywhere else that it takes a long time to create and deepen a real democratic culture, but it's understandable that people get frustrated when not much happens.
Back to the picture: I rally like how you have placed the young couple in the right spot in the foreground with a perfect sharpness, just before the bend of the road.
Kind regards,
Gert

Old 03-31-2012, 10:56 AM
TE Junior Member

Default To holmertz: Political Stalemate

Hi Gert,
Thanks for your chritique. I like the fact that you know quite a lot about Albanian politics most do not. I think the stalemate though is over at the moment the major parties are agreeing and voting many laws which not long ago seemed impossilbe. Need to be stressed though that if it was not for the incredible pressure from the EU and the US nothing would have happen. I am optimist that Albania will become an EU candidate by the end of the year with also is the 100 year of Albanian independence.

Many greetings

Aleks