Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Forum Feedback and Support

Notices

Old 02-10-2012, 08:58 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Porteplume

Hi Paul, I would like to concentrate ALL the requests/complaints one ONE single thread. I suggest to use this one from now on...

For the members: Please write here about the site outage from February 9th, other posts opened elsewhere about this same problem will be closed or merged on this thread.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:06 AM
TE Expert

Default Hackers?

Only Hackers?.............
Old 02-10-2012, 09:34 AM
TE Expert

Default Hackers only? ...................

Hackers only? ...................

I want to believe that hackers can sometimes want to harm TE, although I wonder what would be the reason. TE is not the Pentagon.

But the problems of software and databases TE lasted for years, and never cease. This is unique on the Web.

Management of some very rude moderators + the dogmatic rules of TE and withdrawals of pictures + the lack of communication sincere + the very technical malfunction of the site, are the reasons for the departure of very active members tired of so many insolence towards them ...

Joël Berthonneau

Hackers seulement?...................

Je veux bien croire que des hackers puissent parfois vouloir nuire à TE, bien que je me demande quel en serait le motif. TE n'est pas le Pentagone.

Mais les problèmes des logiciels et bases de données de TE durent depuis des années, et ne cessent jamais. C'est un fait unique sur le WEB.

la gestion très rude de quelques modérateurs + les règles dogmatiques de TE et les retraits de photos + le manque de communication sincère + le très mauvais fonctionnement technique du site, sont les causes du départ de membres très actifs lassés de tant d'insolence à leur égard...
Old 02-10-2012, 09:46 AM
TE Expert

Bonjour Joel,
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbrthnn View Post
Hackers only? ...................

I want to believe that hackers can sometimes want to harm TE, although I wonder what would be the reason. TE is not the Pentagon.
before I leave for work I will comment on your words briefly:

about hackers... they really exist, and I was their "victim" in November when they attacked my website (ahill.net) which is not a Pentagon website

without my knowing it, the hackers placed a folder on my FTP, this folder contained a Trojan virus which was automatically sent to many other sites. The admins of One.com who is my web hosting provider, closed my site and I had to repair the damage!

so, where is the logic of the hackers' actions?

A few days ago hackers sent a very powerful DDoS attack to one very popular (and best) torrent-tracker site in Russia. The site was inactive 2 (!) days!

Concerning TrekEarth security issues... well, there is no 100% guarantee of protection from hackers... since even Pentagon site also suffered

It's not a question of being attacked. it's a question of how quickly the damage is repaired!

Old 02-10-2012, 10:11 AM
TE Expert

Default Please, communication sincere...

The hackers are there? Certainly interfere episodically.

What is described below, exist since there is TE with IB!

_ "The problems of software and databases TE lasted for years, and never cease. This is unique on the Web.

Management of some very rude moderators + the dogmatic rules of TE and withdrawals of pictures + the lack of communication sincere + the very technical malfunction of the site, are the reasons for the departure of very active members tired of so many insolence towards them ..."

Hackers?
Old 02-10-2012, 10:42 AM
TE Senior Member

I know it may not sound like a serious problem but as a result of recent tech issues the photo which I have uploaded yesterday has no thumbnail/icon/small version in the beta TrekEarth. Since many members are using in fact just the beta version (because in the new version the admins did not address some complaints of the users) it is a disadvantage of my photo not to have a small preview.
Is there any chance to repair it?
The photo has already lost some valuable comments from yesterday I would prefer not to loose those from today by simply deleting and posting again.
M
Old 02-10-2012, 10:57 AM
TE Expert

Default Critiquing problems

What happened to the thread on critiquing problems I responded to yesterday? It seems to have disappeared?
Old 02-10-2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisJ View Post
What happened to the thread on critiquing problems I responded to yesterday? It seems to have disappeared?
It's still here - http://www.trekearth.com/forums/show...47#post1204047 - but it has been closed because we want all the reports / requests / questions about the site outage on one single thread.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:21 PM
TE Expert

Default Different thread

Hi Vivian

No that's not the thread I was referring to. It was a bunch of complaints about 'invalid critique' messages appearing when a member attempted to view their own critiques received. There were at least 4 or 5 messages on that thread which I can no longer see.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:24 PM

Ah! I see. Then that thread possibly may have disappeared after yesterday's outage...