Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Tips-Techniques

Notices

Old 01-12-2012, 06:11 PM
TE Newbie

Default Canon 1100D or Nikon D3100

Hi all knowledgeable and helpful.
I have a niece of 14 years. She attended two years of workshop for photo enthusiasts. During this time, his photograph with my personal camera Canon PowerShot S3 IS. Have to choose a entry level DSLR camera and the necessary accessories for the beginner - bag, memory cards, filters, possibly extra battery, remote trigger, and what a deem necessary. I stopped on the Canon 1100D and the Nikon D3100. I would be grateful to all who offer specific brands, models and possible links. Limit for the whole story is 500 pounds. Orders will be made in ebay.co.uk. Will be delivered in London.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:07 PM
TE Newbie

You can't go wrong with either camera, they both do a fine job, and will give more flexibility than than the Powershots. For my photography I find an extra battery, an extra memory card or two, a CP filter, and a wide angle thru a mid telephoto (~18 to 135mm or so), and a sturdy tripod. Depending on what type of photography she gets into the list can go on from there. The big thing is to have enough adjustments to allow the photographer, not the camera make the decisions to get the photo to come out the way that matches you view of the scene.
Bob