Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great SnapRJW 2012-01-08 5:17

Hello John - The warm colours of the buildings and lights shine out like beacons into the blue winter landscape. A beautifully managed shot, the wall is a little distracting but short of hanging over it and risking a very cold swim there was not much to be done. Unusually for you, you have a couple of dust spots in the sky which you must have overlooked (not a criticism just a comment)The colours are beautifully rendered and quite exquisite. Too bad you are having such a dull winter. 30c here and very hot. Warm regards Rosemary

Old 01-08-2012, 12:37 PM
TE Expert

Default To SnapRJW: Ooo, Errrrrr....

Hi Rosemary,

Thank you for your kind remarks about this one.

I did indeed overlook those dust spots - sorry! This picture was taken with my old Canon 20D which I still love dearly. But I should have remembered that there were some dust spots on the sensor (it doesn't have in-built sensor cleaning and I've never had the courage to do anything more invasive than use an air blower to clean it). I should have cloned them out. Dust spots, of course, always become much more apparent at small apertures (this was f/14) and are more obvious in big blank areas like sky.

Also, because it was so jolly cold, I couldn't feel my hands or feet and, despite the use of a tripod, there's still some slight movement in this one which has made it less sharp than it should be.

In fact, not only was it incredibly cold but the roads were also blocked with snow and I had to make the 3 mile round trip down here from home on foot - now that's dedication for you, eh?

Kind Regards,

John.