Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > General

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 03:35 PM
TE Senior Member

Default goodbye all my friends.

Because a long note with Xmas greeting in all languages, the moderators of trekearth have deleted my Xmas card to you all. It was a windmill shot with back-light. I find it a good photo and they delete it because the note. When they had give me first a message that the note was not good or to long I could change it, But no, the delete it straight away. It's a shame because after a long period of not posting here, I decide a few weeks back, to come back here on trekearth. Now I have enough of trekearth en have cleaned all my photo from the side. For my friend I say good bye and maybe, I see you back on another side.
regard jaap

Last edited by carper; 12-26-2011 at 03:39 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:34 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Will they never learn...

Hello Jaap,

I’m not surprised to hear you too are a victim of abuse of power from a TE moderator! I also understand why you are leaving the sinking ship…

Maybe we meet again in more mature and user friendly surroundings!

Regards,
Pablo

PS
Don’t forget to delete all your great images before you go…
Old 12-26-2011, 04:49 PM
TE Expert

Default Scandal!

I am shocked at what's going on here!
"The" moderators come in a perverse decision to cause the departure of Carper, Jaap Polak, who had just recently come back with us !!!
It is always the same officials.
exasperated, to be led some to do the same thing Jaap.
Joel Berthonneau.

Je suis révolté de ce qui se passe ici!
"Les" modérateurs viennent par une décision inique de causer le départ de Carper, Jaap Polak, qui venait de revenir récemment parmi nous!!!
Ce sont toujours les mêmes responsables.
Excédé, je serai amené certainement à faire à court terme la même chose que Jaap.
Joël Berthonneau
à quoi bon collaborer à ça!

Last edited by jlbrthnn; 12-27-2011 at 09:28 AM.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:52 PM
TE Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablominto View Post
Don’t forget to delete all your great images before you go…
He has already deleted all his photos, - by this act he showed disrespect for those TE members (his friends, as he says) who wrote critiques to his photos: they put their emotions, thoughts and time in these critiques.

I would never act the same way even if I decided to leave this "sinking ship" which, ah - amazingly!, still is sailing...

Anyway, Omnia Vanitas.
"All is vanity", said Ecclesiastes.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:24 PM
TE Expert

Angry Verwijdering, disappear

Beste Jaap,

Het is een verschrikking te moeten vaststellen dat één foto van werd verwijderd alleen omdat de tekst telang zou zijn.
Ik vind het persoonlijk erg dat u van de site bent verdwenen, maar het kan u volgen, en de directie heeft echt niet goed nagedacht, wat ze een mens aanrichten, niet alleen als fotograaf maar mens zoals ik u ken.
Waarom schrijven ze u eerst niet aan om een of ander geschil uit te praten.

Dear Jaap,

It's a horror to note that a photo was removed only because of the text would be too long.
I find it very personally that you're gone from the site, but you can follow, and the management has not really thought, what a human cause, not only as photographer but man as I know.
Why do not they write to you first to talk to some dispute.

Greeting

John.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:36 PM
TE Expert

What is going on here??? I was so happy that Jaap returned to the site with his wo nderful photos. And it was interesting to see the greeti ngs in so many languages. What was the reason of removing photo, perfectly in spirit of TE Is anything written in TOS that the note can't be long? it seems that the moderators are specially active in the end of the year and find a perverse pleasure in deleting photos with Christmas greetings. It was the same situation last year and many photographers left the site. Maybe they are just envious that the do not get ones? My photo was also deleted as a common object without suitable note. It HAD the note in the right length. I explained but in vain, of course. Many people write about deleted images, I cannot understand the action of the mods. What is their goal?
Old 12-26-2011, 05:40 PM
TE Junior Member

Default After Pablominto, Carper!

Je suis très choqué par ce départ de Carper qui suit la suspension de ses activités par Pablominto. Deux excellents photographes de moins!
J'ai décidé de suspendre mes activités sur TE.
Meilleurs vouex à tous les amis de TE.

I am too shocked. After Pablominto, Carper.... I decide to suspend my activities to TE.

Anch'io sono irritato. Dopo Pablominto, Carper! Ho decidato di sospendere le mie attivite su TE.

Roger
Old 12-26-2011, 05:58 PM
TE Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanni View Post
He has already deleted all his photos, - by this act he showed disrespect for those TE members (his friends, as he says) who wrote critiques to his photos: they put their emotions, thoughts and time in these critiques.

I have written quite a few crits – also for Jaap – and I’m pretty sure he has read them with the interest they deserve!

Now the crits have served their mission and that is just fine with me.

Crits are for the moment not the eternity, and frankly your argument for keeping them sounds like coming from a moderator!
Old 12-26-2011, 06:17 PM
TE Expert

Default Competence

Irresponsibly and with impunity, people punish and force departing members of TE and highly skilled volunteers who make this site live.
IB makes money with TE should be asking the question about the competence of those responsible for this mess.

De façon irresponsable et impunément, des gens sanctionnent, et contraignent au départ les membres de TE très compétents et bénévoles qui font vivre ce site.
IB qui gagne de l'argent avec TE devrait se poser la question au sujet de la compétence des responsables de ce gâchis.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:36 PM
TE Expert

Quote:
Crits are for the moment not the eternity
Pablo,

I simply was brought up since my very early childhood to respect other people and their time and work (whatever it may be - creative or not).

Quote:
your argument for keeping them sounds like coming from a moderator!
These words come from a tutor of English. LOL

Closed Thread