Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Announcements

Notices

Old 06-15-2013, 06:56 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Porteplume
Default BugGGGGG!

Hello everyone,

I'm sorry but it looks like we have an upload problem here. It seems that the uploaded pictures are not completely showed. It must be because the allowed dimensions of the photos have been changed a couple of days ago.

We will have to wait till next Monday to the Tech Team can work on it...

Amicalement - Viviane / TE Moderator
Old 07-09-2013, 07:42 AM
TE Junior Member

Default Upload

I'm not an expert in web design, but I think I understand that the decision to be able to upload photos with a larger size will serve not much, purpose if not change the layout page that probably is designed precisely to upload photos of 800 pixels, the difference is seen in fact uploading photos with the longest vertical
I thank the staff, however, and I hope that soon they can do something to solve the problem.
Sorry for my not perfect english...hope you undestand what i mind!!!

Valter
Old 10-29-2013, 03:02 PM
TE Expert

Default New size

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayno View Post
I'm not an expert in web design, but I think I understand that the decision to be able to upload photos with a larger size will serve not much, purpose if they don't change the layout page that probably is designed precisely to upload photos of 800 pixels, the difference is seen in fact uploading photos with the longest vertical
I thank the staff, however, and I hope that soon they can do something to solve the problem.
Valter
It seems that there won't me much change. It's been 4 months since the new size allowance.
So, this is how it goes.
--On the regular TE site, the picture is resized to fit the screen, so there is no difference with before the new allowance. Except that if someone uploads your photo for some reason or other, he or she will get a big size.
--WS on regular TE. If it's too large, you see only part of the picture.
The way to overcome this is to do a right click on the picture, then click on "View image".

--On Beta TE, main pic and WS. If they are too big, you see only part of the pic. But you can scroll sideways with the mouse to see the rest, which spoils the pleasure of seeing the whole pic at once.
Same way to overcome this with a right click and "View image".
Best regards.
ML

Last edited by maloutim; 11-27-2013 at 08:34 PM.