Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great delpeoples 2011-11-26 16:47

Ciao John

Another cute litle sidestreet you've found yourself in. Wandering around these alleys is one of the most enjoyable things one can do when in a plce like this. Of course the first thing that hits me is the excellent management (both in-camera and post) of the light and shadow. The two extremes were evened out extremely ell. The second is the magnificent warm colours and the third would be the details of the characteristic architecture you've so ably captured. I've read up on your link, what a pity he doesn't operate on this side of the globe, although I'm sure there are many that do the same thing. What a thoughtful gift from your wife, she should get the 2 points today :)

Un abbraccio
Lisa

PS: I'm off to get myself a new laptop after my poor baby cacked itself whilst away with work. Any suggestions? I've also packed off your disk hopefully it will arrive in time for Santy

Old 11-27-2011, 01:18 AM
TE Expert

Default To delpeoples: Thanks, Lisa, you're a darling.........

Thank you for your kind remarks once more!

I wasn't really as happy with this one as I was with my last picture from Ciutadella - the man walking through the tunnel into the open street beyond - I think that one had better lighting and composition. But, from the architecture point of view, why can't these folk in the Mediterranean bury their electric cables instead of festooning them across their beautiful buildings?

It's actually quite difficult to know exactly how much you learn from these photographic tuition holidays: it was great fun and both Yvonne (who wasn't doing the photo stuff) and myself enjoyed it immensely and we met lots of nice people there too in Menorca. Philip was a delightful fellow and his wife was lovely too - she did all the organisation 'cos Philip, in common with so many clever people, is totally disorganised and forgetful. Unfortunately, his wife, Norene, has been ill of late and had to have major cardiac surgery though I believe she is now recovering well. Interestingly, I see that, as well as doing his Menorca trips and his day and weekend courses in Kirkcudbright in southwest Scotland, he's also now planning luxury cruises on a sailing ship! Bit expensive, though.

Incidentally, did you see this picture from one of my Brit pals? I thought it was quite good and might appeal to you as it represents an invasion into your territory.

Oh, and thank you, Lisa, for sending that stuff to me: I shall look forward to getting that and with it I might be able to rescue some of my awful pictures! You're a darling!

Sorry to hear that your laptop decided to turn tits up - is it totally dead or can you retrieve some of the stuff on it? I'm not that great with computers and, unfortunately, am not in the habit of saving all my stuff on a regular basis. Yvonne's laptop packed in a few months ago but it was a simple problem with the wiring from the charge socket and I managed to fix that with my skilfull (?) use of a soldering iron. Best of luck!

Un abbraccio,

John.