Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Announcements

Notices

Old 05-28-2010, 04:57 PM
TE Junior Member

Default Rule change on uploading pictures

Hi everyone,

As you know this site is all about great photography but it is also about learning from each other through critiques, workshops and commenting. Adding a note to your picture is essential for our moderators to understand the purpose of your picture. Sometimes, it can get hard for our mods when there is no note attached and the photograph is not very clear in its intentions or what it depicts. We have therefore changed the rules. In order to be able to upload a picture your photograph must have always have a note attached to it ( with a minimum of 40 characters) .Only meaningful notes will be considered, so please do not try to get around the issue by posting " fhgdfhd rthdfjgbnd fgjkfk". A note as such may be subject to deletion.

We hope that this will make for a better TrekEarth experience for all of you!
Thanks,
Steph
Old 05-28-2010, 05:22 PM
TE Expert

Well done Steph

سعيد
Old 05-29-2010, 08:16 AM
TE Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBsteph View Post
Hi everyone,

As you know this site is all about great photography but it is also about learning from each other through critiques, workshops and commenting. Adding a note to your picture is essential for our moderators to understand the purpose of your picture. Sometimes, it can get hard for our mods when there is no note attached and the photograph is not very clear in its intentions or what it depicts. We have therefore changed the rules. In order to be able to upload a picture your photograph must have always have a note attached to it ( with a minimum of 7 words) .Only meaningful notes will be considered, so please do not try to get around the issue by posting " fhgdfhd rthdfjgbnd fgjkfk". A note as such may be subject to deletion.

Thanks,
Steph
Hi Steph
There is a big problem:
If somebody wants to write notes on his language section it's impossible to post a picture and many people are not using the English section.

Please try to fix it
Bonne journée

سعيد

Last edited by Didi; 05-29-2010 at 08:23 AM.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Bonjour Didi

I use only the English version... but I also know one little "bug": this is "character encoding" which often prevents from sending a message (on TE, in this case)

Maybe this bug has something to do with page/character encoding?

Last edited by Moderator; 05-29-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:30 AM
TE Expert

In English version some characters are not allowed conforming with the QWERTY english style
I use the French version and I write note in English in the English place and my French notes in the french place, and here I can write the e letter with accents
Bisous

سعيد

Last edited by Didi; 05-29-2010 at 10:44 AM.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:25 AM
TE Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBsteph View Post
Hi everyone,

As you know this site is all about great photography but it is also about learning from each other through critiques, workshops and commenting. Adding a note to your picture is essential for our moderators to understand the purpose of your picture. Sometimes, it can get hard for our mods when there is no note attached and the photograph is not very clear in its intentions or what it depicts. We have therefore changed the rules. In order to be able to upload a picture your photograph must have always have a note attached to it ( with a minimum of 40 characters) .Only meaningful notes will be considered, so please do not try to get around the issue by posting " fhgdfhd rthdfjgbnd fgjkfk". A note as such may be subject to deletion.

Thanks,
Steph
I haven't been on this forum for a while, but that's really good news! I had been waiting for that decision for a long time, and I agree with it totally. A photo without a note is too often meaningless, and encourages people to post anything and everything without thinking about it!
Mind you, I have counted: 40 characters is hardly enough to explain anything!
Thanks.
Marie Louise.

Last edited by maloutim; 06-14-2010 at 03:42 AM.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:59 AM
TE Expert

I thought there was a saying, "A picture is worth a thousand words"!