Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great Bergenphotos 2011-10-29 17:51

I am a fan of the landscape in USA, and I know China is also very rich on nature, but somehow I just can't get that same feeling. Probably too attached to the US... I know TE is not overloaded with Chinese nature pictures, so I tried searching for China to see what they had to offer, and I ended up looking at this one. Certainly as beautiful as Yosemite on its best!

So this is for me the proof that China also has a magnificent landscape. A great picture from a region I would love to see more from.

PS. Sometimes I wonder why the snow is so gray. Is it really pollution from a nearby city? Up here, some glaciers turned gray because of ashes from the eruption on Iceland last year, so it could be. I just think this seems so be kind of an Asian thing... but probably not.
Anyway, I like the picture a lot!

Take care,
Fredrik

Old 10-31-2011, 06:11 AM
TE Senior Member

Default To Bergenphotos: No Snow

Hi Fredrik,

That was not snow up there, it is just gray stone and rock up there. I never notice how much it look kind of like snow until you mentioned it. It is for sure not snow, just some very light gray stone.

Yes, there are some very nice nature in China, it is just that we never assoicate China with such landscape. We tend to thing of the Great Wall, Tienament Square, the temples, the Yellow River...but not mountain like this. I guess we learn something different everyday here.

thanks for you kind words.

Way