Forums

Go Back   The TrekEarth Forums > TrekEarth Forum Home > Photos

Notices

Great satyakki 2011-10-10 0:38

Dear Bulent,
Its a nice panoramic shot stitched to perfection. Normally,we do not tend to bother about the composition in any panoramic shot because the entire emphasis is to capture as much as we can in the canvass.But, i see that the fact that you have chosen to keep the Duommo to a bit of right and off-center of the frame, has added to the overall composition.

I have also noticed and experienced myself that stitched pan-shots tend to be narrower.Just wondering if you can help how to widen the narowwer side so that it does not look like a thin strip.Great Work.( I was out of TE for long, will catch-up with your photos soon)
Regards,
Satyakki

Old 10-10-2011, 01:37 PM
TE Expert

Default To satyakki: aspect ratio...

Hello Satyakki,

Your analysis is spot on! I did not even know that I had access to stitching software. So, I took the three shots holding the camera horizontally. If I had shot five vertical shots and stitched them together side-by-side, I would I would have been able to achieve a much better aspect ratio in the image area (without the black areas). The black areas at the top and bottom of my photo were added simply to get the 2.5:1 aspect ratio required as the maximum allowed for the entire image. Thanks for the incisive analysis.

Warm regards,

Bulent